Web hosting support is provided by web hosting companies as they have the required expertise needed to perform these tasks. They perform this task by making use of Internet support provider (ISP) and providing the needed amount of bandwidth and space on the server.
There are some technical elements involved in the process of hosting that are very difficult for an ordinary person to understand. Hosting support services are provided by hosting companies as they have the required expertise needed to perform these tasks.
There are very few website owners who completely understand the technical elements of web hosting. Majority hire web hosting companies to perform this task. However, hiring a reliable hosting company or provider is itself a difficult process. There are some factors that are essential to understand when selecting a web hosting support provider for your website. This article will bring to your knowledge some of these important factors.
Availability: It is essential that the web hosting company you hire should provide technical hosting support 24/7 so that you are able to maintain your website more efficiently and have a backup support in hand which can be utilized when required the most. Therefore, in order to avoid all web related issues like ineffective service, its important that you hire a hosting provider having 24-hour support facility.
Quality: It important that you focus more on quality and reliability rather than cost when planning on obtaining hosting support. Majority of companies make the mistake of hiring cheap hosting providers or services. Such hosting providers host at reasonable or low fees, however when it comes to services, they are undependable, unreliable and are not able to provide you the hosting support you require. This will result in further difficulties and problems and you will instead have to spend more in order to resolve them. However, there are also several companies that provide quality service at reasonable rates, all you require is thorough research in order to find the right hosting provider for your website.
Service: Since hosting support is one of the important factors to consider in determining the quality and value of a service, before selecting any web hosting company one should test their service by calling their customer helpline at different times of the day. This will ensure that their stuff is available to help you 24x 7. Moreover, also evaluate how they communicate with the customers and respond to their queries. If the web hosting company is not able to do this job satisfactorily, consider some other service provider.
Technology is growing rapidly, therefore it is important for the businesses to invest in their website in order to compete environment. Various hosting support packages are offered by different companies. It is for you to select the one that suites your specifications.
You need a web host. So would you like to go for a free web host
If you choose a free web host, keep the following tips in mind :
• Forced Ads : Be ready to deal and live with the advertisements posted by hosts. A free web host without forced advertisement isn’t sustainable , hence with no viable means of revenue to run their server , they close down.
• Enough web space: Does it have enough space for your needs? Most sites use less than 5MB of web space.
• FTP Access : Some free hosting providers only allow you to design your page with their online builder. You should have FTP access, to upload your pages by email or browser.
• File restrictions : Some free hosts impose a maximum size on each of the files you upload. Other sites restrict the file types you can upload to HTML and GIF/JPG files. , if you want to distribute your own programs on your pages, you will have to look elsewhere.
• Up and running : A site should always be reliable up and running. A free web host site that is frequently down will lose a lot of visitors. If someone finds your site on the search engine, and he tries to access it but find that it is down, he’ll simply find another site. How do you know if a host is reliable or fast? Experiment yourself and find out.
• Perl and PHP access : Do you have Perl and PHP access ? Is the environment ok or is it restrictive. For PHP scripts, does your web host allow you to use the mail function? For Perl scripts, do you have access to sendmail or its workalike?
• How much bandwith : Many free web hosts impose a limit on the amount of traffic your website can use per day and per month. This means that if the pages (and graphic images) on your site is loaded by visitors beyond a certain number of times per day (or per month), the web host will disable your web site
If you are starting out, your needs are different . Look out for yourself what exactly you cannot live without and then choose. It can prove to be one of the major decisions of your business life.
You do not need to be a company or an organization to register your domain name. Any individual can also have a domain name. If you have a website you should have a domain name.
What are the benefits of a domain name?
Well. If you have a business, it provides you credibility. If you ever happen to change your web host, your domain name goes with you. Your visitors are not confused and when they type the URL they are brought to the new site, hosted by a new host without any hitch. Having a proper domain name makes business sense.
At times getting a good sponsor or advertisement on your site has a lot to do with you having a good domain name .Getting a domain name is not all that difficult. Think of at least a few domain names you would want. The ones you want, is normally taken, so you need to have other domain name options ready with you.
After choosing the domain name and getting it , one needs to register it with the registrar. For this you need to have a credit card or a paypal ac.
From your current host , you need to get the names of both their primary and secondary name servers. These servers will redirect your traffic to your website hosted by your new host.
The registrar will help you with the necessities. Getting a domain name basically involves registering the name you want with ICANN with the help of a domain name registrar. Registration is usually for a year and you will need to renew it annually by paying a particular amount as fee.
Some hosts do register for free, but where the catch lies that remains to be seen, and that then becomes a headache. Some just ask you for the ICANN fees. Go for registering the domain name with the domain name registrar rather than the web-host.
Domain name disappear pretty fast so go , stake your claim, while you can.