Search Engine Optimization
- Easy Customization with personalized theme options panel: If you keep up to date with the growing wordpress trends, you’ll know the increasing rage of the theme options panel. A theme options panel can provide you with the extra ability that allows you to alter a lot of things on the theme without meddling with the codes.
- Conditional statements are the way to go: Conditional statements can make your wordpress site the most talked about thing. A little knowledge of code hacking takes you a step ahead of the others because the base of conditional elements is rooted in basic php codes.
- The little things that matter a Lot: While building a theme, the small details are what will unclog your website. Some things that you could follow are:
- Highlight the author comments
- Show related posts – minus the plugins
- Build an author bio-box
- Display of sub categories
- Keeping up with the (word)press: Wrodpress keeps updating its security all the time. So the next time don’t ignore that notification in admin panel. It’s the most effective way to protect your site from attacks.
Social Media Marketing is the process of gathering traffic for your business. Deciding the right platform from the wide array of choices available is a tough task. So let’s get started. Your choice of social media depends on a number of factors like:
- Type of business
- Scale of business
- Target audience – Demographics
- Target audience – Psychographics
- Product/services offered
Along with these factors, there is also a crucial need to have an insight into your target market or the potential expansion zone. Since social media marketing is a very open interaction platform, reanalyze everything carefully before you go ahead and publish it.
Facebook is generally a very widely accepted platform to post and promote anything from videos, photos, written content, ads, events and launches. However facebook has a very large base and is apt for businesses that usually target a larger market.
Twitter, on the other hand offers a more niche audience. The length of the posts is limited to 140 characters which mean that your content needs to be short, precise, crisp and extremely strong to make an impact.
There are also platforms like reddit and 9gag which indirectly promote and ‘hype’ products/services, usually by creating a humorous or sarcastic reference to the product/service. Instagram, youtube, foursquare and blogs are the other important social media marketing that can be used for sharing and promoting your business through images, videos, location check-ins and articles respectively.
So there, now that you’re equipped with this knowledge, go ahead and figure out the best medium for you to promote your business.
As an e-retailer, you’re surely going to distribute a portfolio sooner or later. But what you might miss out on is the fact that planning a catalog is more important and crucial to the process than the actual execution.
So here are a few tips to help you out with your catalog planning so that you can reach out to your audience effectively.
- Categorize your products/services: An organized and precise categorization of what you have to offer will help streamline your design process and make it easier for the consumer.
- Group smartly and only if necessary: Grouping of two or more categories can be smart move but it might end up cluttering a particular section of the catalog. To avoid this, thoroughly review what content is being grouped together and how many pages will it require.
- Plan out a basic visual scheme: A visual scheme is extremely important in a catalog. It could either be a common element that runs through the entire catalog or it could be a visual story that follows the course of the catalog.
- Colour plan: Planning out your colour scheme for a catalog will make it easier to maintain the consistent visual element mentioned earlier. Also, planning of the colour scheme is essential so as to match it with the descriptive product/ service image being used in the catalog.
- Plan out the number of pages: This is the most overlooked, yet the most crucial part of catalog planning. Overlooked because it’s not decided until the last minute in most cases. Crucial, because it’s decisive of the content, images, type of paper and the printing process used for the execution of the catalog.
While you might have the best designers to assist you out on your catalog, your catalog is incomplete if not preceded by this crucial planning process.